Here are my numbers from my favorite and most profitable income stream (in terms of margin): Affiliate Marketing.
Here’s how it works:
1) Create a product of value (eBook, series of videos, etc.)
2) Give it away for free or sell it for $20.
3) Collect email addresses with the visitor’s permission using aweber.com.
4) Send emails to your list. Give away great information.
5) Occasionally mention similar products (of value) using affiliate links.
Here are the products that I mentioned in my 23 emails that I sent out in 2012. Next to the product is the income generated.
Here are the expenses:
So that's a total profit of $13,130.23.
As you can see, the return on investment on this business is close to 9:1. Not bad, considering that income is just from 23 emails and 8 blog posts.
I first discovered this method of income in 2009 from the great $5 eBook, Silent Sales Machine. For a more in-depth course on growing an email list, I would recommend ListBuildingClass.com (currently only $7).