If you are an FBA seller, Amazon probably owes you money in unclaimed refunds and reimbursements.
Here are 16 reasons why Amazon owes you money:
- Lost inventory at the warehouse, and it has been 30 days
- Damaged inventory at the warehouse, and it has been 30 days
- Claims to have reimbursed a return but it has not been reimbursed
- Improperly received or miscounted items from inbound shipments in past 9 months
- Claims to have placed an item back into your inventory but it has not been replaced
- Issued a refund, but customer never returned item and it has been 45 days
- Accepted a return after 45 days but you weren't reimbursed for the 20% restocking fee
- Reimbursed you for less quantity than you were supposed to get reimbursed for
- Reimbursement is too small compared to value of item
- Issued a chargeback but didn't reimburse you
- Issued a partial refund but you were not reimbursed
- Approved refund past the normal approval window per their policy
- Destroyed item without your request or permission
- Refunded the customer more than they paid for originally
- Or carrier damaged a customer return
- Or carrier damaged inbound shipments in transit, and it has been at least 30 days
Watch this video to see how I got $1400 back using AMZRefund.
Note: Amazon recently made it harder to generate reports that are 18 months back. They are only going back 6 months now. Try using these link to generate the reports.
For North America: